VVMS Arts and Commerce college, Akkalkuwa
Established In 1991
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule the great social reformer and the pioneer of educational movement for backward classes and women in Maharashtra,started “ Satya Shodhak Movement” in Maharashtra, with a view to get social reforms in the society. This movement was very active in Dhule district and Sakri Taluka was pre-dominant in it. Late Sitaram Govind Patil (Motha Bhau) was leading the movement very successfully in the area of Sakri Taluka. His son Shri. Ramrao Sitaram Patil (Dadasaheb)took the inspiration from his father and founded the Institution “Vidya Vikas Mandal Sakri” in 1971, for imparting the education to the deprived and poor People residing in the area of Dhule and Nandurbar district.
Nandurbar district is known as tribal district because tribal people are mostly concentrated in this district. Akkalkuwa is one of the Talukas of Nandurbar district, which is mostly tribal populated Taluka, and there was not a single senior college available in this Taluka before 1991. The tribal people of this area were deprived from the higher education therefore our Institution founder Chairman Shri. Ramrao Sitaram Patil (Dadasaheb) has started the senior college in at Akkalkuwa in 1991.
The college is affiliated to the North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (MS) College got 2 F and 12 B respectively, college has its own separate building in the campus. The entire infrastructural development of the institution depends on management funding. Our college is located at Sorapa, Tehsil-Akkalkuwa, District- Nandurbar, which is the north- west part of Maharashtra near the borders of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. Sorapada is a tribal village in Akkalkuwa tahsil, majority of the population are from tribal, socially and economically backward sections of Society. Sorapada is located in hilly area of Satpuda ranges which is on Ankaleshwar-Burahanpur State Highway. It is about 50 km away from the district place and is well connected by state highway and railway. The nearest railway stations on the main route are Nandurbar, Jalgaon (C.R.), and Surat, (W.R) while, the airports are Vadodara (Gujarat), Aurangabad (M.S) and Indore (M.P).
Despite facing a lot of problems in the way of growth, the college is making effort to impart quality education and helping the community of this comparatively backward region. The college has permission of BA and B. Com, BA has two divisions and B Com has one division. For current academic year more than 400 students on its roll with eight full-time teachers excluding principal, one librarian, and eleven members of non-teaching staff.
The members of teaching and non-teaching staff, are truly devoted to the fulfilment of the expectations and aims and objectives of the parents’ students and management. The college is keenly interested in motivating the teachers for doing M. Phil, Ph. D. and publish research papers. First and foremost, primacy of the institute is to develop all round personality of tribal students by applying various innovative ideas, teaching skills, new techniques and better understanding of our strengths and weaknesses.
We commit to impart the higher education to the tribal and others students and to disseminate the knowledge among the people living in the tribal area.
- To impart the higher education to the students of tribal and rural area and thereby achieve excellence.
- To give back a value of society what we have gained from it.
- Impart knowledge in a conceptually sound and applied manner.
- Develop the skills, competencies and attitudes which are required in the present knowledge society.
- Nurture social value develop socially committed professional and contributors for nation building.
- To impart qualitative higher education to the tribal and other students coming from hilly-area and remote area of the Akkakuwa Taluka.
- To develop potentiality of the tribal as well the needy students through extra-curricular activities in association with various social and cultural organization.
- To inculcate, discipline, sincerity and punctuality among the students in order to make them responsible and sincere member of the society.
- To attain community and social development through organizing various programmes and providing infrastructural facilities.
- To develop scientific attitude and thereby to broaden the vision of the tribal students so that they can have a modern panoramic view of the society.
- To provide qualitative education in different discipline.
- To guide the students for all round development of their personalities.
- To motivate the students for participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- To create the awareness of social responsibility among the students.
- To motivate the tribal and rural students towards competitive examination.
- To create cultural and nation loving citizens.
- To commit the students to maintain ecological balance and to enable students to guide the masses in the field of water harvesting and tree plantation.
- To inform students about present needs of the nation and prepare them for lead the nation.
- Create balance between education and social value.
- Freedom of thought and speech
- Cultural heritage
- Honesty and Integrity
- Social Responsibility